RAF Chicago Program Associate/Delivery Driver
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
The Part-Time Program Associate/Delivery Driver works with and supports the Executive Director and Program Manager in a fast-paced branch of Random Acts of Flowers. The Program Associate/Delivery Driver ensures the timely pick-up of donated materials, participates in the delivery of floral bouquets and smiles, and assists with the general operations of RAF Chicago. In many ways, you will be the face of RAF Chicago and must have excellent customer service and communication skills. The successful candidate will be energetic, detail-oriented, and able to positively adapt to and manage change.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet volunteers, load and unload carts with flower bouquets at partner healthcare facilities, and assist with delivery to recipients
- Pick up donated flowers and vases, and log all donations according to RAF procedures
- Communicate effectively with staff, partners, donors, and volunteers
- Conduct regular vehicle maintenance, cleaning, and safety checks
- Clean, maintain, and stock delivery carts regularly
- Assist in maintenance of workshop
- Assist with vase pickups and deliveries
- Assist as needed with tracking, washing and organizing vases
- Assist in special events and projects as needed
- Assist with scheduling deliveries and donation pickups
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to see accurately both near and far
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Good sense of direction and ability to use maps/GPS
- Experience driving a large vehicle to various locations
- Frequent bending and crouching is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Passion for the RAF Mission of improving the emotional health and well-being of individuals in health care facilities by delivering recycled flowers, encouragement and personal moments of kindness
- Demonstration of our Core Values of Fun, Passion, Accountability, and Excellence
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license with no more than one minor moving violation in the past three years, a clean driving record for the past three years is preferred
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
- Comfortable using mobile GPS maps
- Comfortable driving in Chicago and surrounding areas
SALARY AND SCHEDULE
This position pays $14 per hour. Hours vary with an average of 25 hours per week Monday – Friday and occasional weekend hours.
Random Acts of Flowers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
ABOUT RANDOM ACTS OF FLOWERS
Founded in Knoxville, Tennessee, in 2008, Random Acts of Flowers (RAF) is a non-profit organization focused on improving the emotional health and well-being of individuals in healthcare facilities and situations by delivering donated, repurposed floral arrangements along with encouragement and personal moments of kindness. Since its establishment in 2015, the Chicago branch has served more than 125,000 neighbors, healing the community through flowers and compassion. As a sustainable organization, RAF is committed to supporting the health of the environment, individuals, and the community. The RAF Chicago workshop is located in Evanston.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews as needed.